Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biplane Accident on I-80 in Wyoming

Biplane Accident on I-80 in Wyoming

This appears to be the biplane featured in the current issue of Sport Aviation:

http://kutv.com/news/local/pilot-wal...anston-wyoming

Fortunately, the pilot was not injured.

I just finished reading the article. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralika View Post
    I just finished reading the article. What a shame.
    Yes, it's a shame, but the plane can be rebuilt. As least, I hope that it will be. More important is that pilot wasn't injured.

Very glad he wasn't hurt but that must be horribly discouraging. He put many years into creating a work of art. Hopefully, it's like you say and he will stay true to the name of the plane "Unfinished Business" and get it flying again. I get a strong impression from the article that the man is not a quitter.

When I try to look at that news report, the computer says this is a forbidden site. Could someone give a quick summary, pilot name, type plane, where based? thanks

Why do they always say it was a "Crash" ? He was making an emergency landing and there was an obstacle in the flight path ! Just like Harrison Ford, "crashed on the golf course". No he didn't, he made an emergency landing and walked away just like this guy ! Perhaps a bit more slowly !
    Bob

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Why do they always say it was a "Crash" ?
    Ever since Thomas Selfridge became the first person ever killed in an airplane accident, the media has called any airplane accident a "crash". For 110 years it's stuck. I suspect this will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    When I try to look at that news report, the computer says this is a forbidden site. Could someone give a quick summary, pilot name, type plane, where based? thanks
    It is the red biplane featured in the June 2018 issue of Sport Aviation, pg 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Bill - it's probably your security settings as I'm having no problems accessing that article.

I just did an internet search for "I-80 plane crash" and came up with several hits; here's another:

https://uintacountyherald.com/articl...ash-along-i-80

Try a search if this link (also) doesn't work for you.

Thanks Marty and CDS. Part of the problem is that I am not a computer guy, I don't know a gigabyte from a biplane. I can, however, fly old airplanes acceptably for 25 years since they have real gauges not tv screens. I dont knowingly have any security setting, much less the wrong one.
    I first tried to read the news clip above and got some message the it was not a secure site, yesterday. Today, however . it does read that ok. As the mystery superhero, old radio series, THE SHADOW, used to say, "Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man? The shadow knows." I say who knows wher evil lurks in the bowels of computers and iphones and ipads. I recently enjoyed watching a lady with a Masters ask a 14 year old boy to fix her cell phone which he did quickly.