Wars can often produce new scientific weapons, sometimes ones that are hard to believe. The Germans were at the leading edge with V1 and especially V2 rockets and the Me 262 jet, not without its faults but with heavy cannons and 100 boost in top speed. I just heard a story about using sound as a weapon, don't know whether its fact or myth.
I was sort of watching a tv story on the early Beatles and their manager, a Mr. Martin, I think, He was talking about the new song, Eleanor Rigby and how the writer, Paul? , had used very low notes to create a mood. His next comments caught my ear, that the Germans knew about the effect of very low notes on people. At Hitler rallies, they would play notes over the pa system so low, below the range of human hearing and this made people uneasy, sad even though they weren't conscious of why. Then just minutes before Hitler was to appear they would stop the sound, maybe project his photo or have some upbeat music and the crowd would associated Hitler with the new positive mood they were feeling. Goebbles was in charge of propaganda and may well have know this and used it. Ive never heard the story before, but Id guess it is possible.