Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Improving Pedestrian Traffic Flow, North Aircraft Display Exhibit Area

I empathize with Wrongway; for a different example, I hang out in the kitbuilder area quite a bit. If I walk North on Wittman and hit P1, then want to cut West to see the second row of kit mfgrs, I have to try and zig-zag thru exhibits *if* I can find a way thru the exhibits (sometimes they're pretty crammed-in...). If the grass is heavy or uneven, it wreaks havoc with my lower back issues. Many times I wished there was a decent pathway so that I didn't have to backtrack all the way to Brugger (had to look that one up!). I've never had to walk all the way back, but I can see the day in the future when I'd have to do it.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I empathize with Wrongway; for a different example, I hang out in the kitbuilder area quite a bit. If I walk North on Wittman and hit P1, then want to cut West to see the second row of kit mfgrs, I have to try and zig-zag thru exhibits *if* I can find a way thru the exhibits (sometimes they're pretty crammed-in...). If the grass is heavy or uneven, it wreaks havoc with my lower back issues. Many times I wished there was a decent pathway so that I didn't have to backtrack all the way to Brugger (had to look that one up!). I've never had to walk all the way back, but I can see the day in the future when I'd have to do it.
    I was thinking the same thing, pertaining to having to cut through to gain access to the exhibits that are on CORRIGAN LN.

The proposed path layout would enable people to walk to the end of the row.
    Then circle around to the 2nd rows exhibits. As shown HERE
    Just like how the rows/aisles are laid out inside exhibit buildings.

Until I looked at the North Aircraft Display existing exhibit layout
    I never knew that there was an opening midway in the exhibit layout.
    Probably because as you say (sometimes they're pretty crammed-in...)
    and thought it was part of an exhibit, and never saw the opening.

The other benefit would be, when they temporarily close P-1 due to taxiing aircraft.
    There is a tendency for people to bunch up and start backing down WITTMAN RD.
    The pathway would allow people to spread out down the pathway rather than backing down WITTMAN RD.
    Also while waiting for P-1 to reopen people would have a excellent vantage point to snap a couple photos.

Thanks for the Thumbs-Up on the proposal and for the empathy!