Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft part identification help

Aircraft part identification help

Good Evening...This is my first post and I am looking for help identifying a few aircraft parts I found.I deal in scrap metal and came across these in an old barn I was cleaning out.Any help would be most appreciated.The only info I can find is that it may be for an F86...Each one has a large sticker which indicates its a single sway brace tank.The sticker also has installation instructions.The part number is 170-48305-1...I also have 170-48305-2....There is also the number 170-48314 on both......They appear unused but have some light surface scratches...The other part is a about 5 foot long and the number is 191-48261-1 assy LH....Its in rough shape........Any info at all would be most helpful....Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by uncdavid; 05-16-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Pictures would help.

But the part numbering scheme is consistent with that of North American Aviation (makers of the F-86), and the 48305 series would fall in the fuel system sub-group. From your description, they might be drop tanks.

Do they look like the things under these Sabre's wings?

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 05-15-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Good Morning....Thank you for your information.I added some pictures.Thank you again for your reply and your help.

A quick Google search of the last part number shows a fairing from a Boeing aircraft.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Good Afternoon.. Thank you so very much for the information. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

It does look like a strut for mounting an external fuel tank to a wing hardpoint. Shouldn’t be overly difficult to narrow it down from there.

Thank you very much for the info.I greatly appreciate it!

I have this small electronic part with four wires coming from it. The ONLY writing on it says "CRITICAL SAFETY COMPONENT." I have no idea what it is. I like to leave it on the ground during preflights and see if anybody notices.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I have this small electronic part with four wires coming from it. The ONLY writing on it says "CRITICAL SAFETY COMPONENT." I have no idea what it is. I like to leave it on the ground during preflights and see if anybody notices.
    hahahahaha!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    That's pretty good!!! Do you get any questions about it?