Thread: Slow Forum

Slow Forum

First I would like to point out I am on a LOT forums and user groups daily and this is not my first Rodeo. The EAA site when I am typing almost acts as if there is a Key Logger active?? So Slow, and no this never ever happens on my other sites. No I am not changing things on my computer for EAA to work. So is there some sort of tracking software on this site?? If so how can I opt out??
    IE11 Windows 7 Pro.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello, we tried to replicate the issue you are experiencing on IE11 and were unable to do so. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the EAA Forums on IE11?

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    First I would like to point out I am on a LOT forums and user groups daily and this is not my first Rodeo. The EAA site when I am typing almost acts as if there is a Key Logger active?? So Slow, and no this never ever happens on my other sites. No I am not changing things on my computer for EAA to work. So is there some sort of tracking software on this site?? If so how can I opt out??
    IE11 Windows 7 Pro.
    In the past, this seemed to be related to the "What You See is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editing mode. When you're typing a post, there's a row of icons just above the text area. The first one is the WYSIWYG setting...it's like "a/A". Hit "post quick reply" to this message, then click the WYSIWYG button once. The slowness may end, though you may have to exit the editor and re-enter.

To see how text will actually appear, hit the "Go Advance" button on the lower right and hit the "Preview Post" button the lower right of the advanced editor page.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    In the past, this seemed to be related to the "What You See is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editing mode. When you're typing a post, there's a row of icons just above the text area. The first one is the WYSIWYG setting...it's like "a/A". Hit "post quick reply" to this message, then click the WYSIWYG button once. The slowness may end, though you may have to exit the editor and re-enter.

To see how text will actually appear, hit the "Go Advance" button on the lower right and hit the "Preview Post" button the lower right of the advanced editor page.

Ron Wanttaja
    Ron, maybe you missed the part where I said this is the Only Forum I have issues on. I used to build websites and unless the designer tests on all the Browsers in use they will never know. I am also unable to Highlight and format.

Ron, maybe you missed the part where I said this is the Only Forum I have issues on. I used to build websites and unless the designer tests on all the Browsers in use they will never know. I am also unable to Highlight and format.
    No, I didn't miss that. This was also the only forum I had issues on. Changing the WYSIWYG mode fixed it for me, here.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    No, I didn't miss that. This was also the only forum I had issues on. Changing the WYSIWYG mode fixed it for me, here.

Ron Wanttaja
    So it looks to be a bug in the BBS software?? Why just IE11 or others also?? Thanks Ron.
    Last edited by wmgeorge; 05-15-2018 at 10:38 AM.

So it looks to be a bug in the BBS software?? Why just IE11 or others also??
    I noticed it back when I was still employed. The work computer had IE (forget which version), the home PC had Firefox. Had no problems with Firefox, just IE at work. Changing the WYSIWYG setting fixed it, at work.

It seems to be a...ummm, "Feature" in EAA vBulletin installation. Didn't notice it on other VB forum pages.

Ron Wanttaja

My quick reply takes about five minutes to come up.