My helper and I are considering building a Bearhawk 4-Place quick build kit. He lives in Canada and has the shop, facilities and resources to build. And I live in the U.S. and do not have the shop, facilities and resources to build. The Bearhawk will ultimately live in the U.S.

Here are the specifics:

1.) I am financing the kit, engine, prop and panel. My helper is providing the facility and resources to build.
2.) My financing requires the kit to be U.S. registered with a N# at the time of the kit purchase.
3.) I will routinely visit the project and assist with the build.
4.) One option we are considering, instead of finishing the in kit Canada, is to complete the kit in Canada up to wing installation. Then have it transported to the U.S. where we will have the final inspection.

Here are our questions:

1.) How do we handle the pre-cover inspection from Canada? Maybe we have the pre-cover inspection in the U.S. before we ship it to Canada? Or is the pre-cover inspection location specific?
2.) How would you do this if you were to build your kit in Canada and bring it to the U.S. where it will reside?

Anyway, I think you understand where we going with this. Someone has certainly done this before? Just trying to get in front of any potential issues before we start our build.

Thanks for your input and ideas!