Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance

I just tried to get insurance through EAA's go-to people, Falcon Insurance. Was turned down flat, saying they don't want to write $500 liability-only policies anymore. I'm thinking that a large percentage of EAA-ers are not interested in hull insurance since they can rebuild on their own. So what makes EAA endorse this company?

I have a liability-only policy for the D.VII wannabe through Global Aerospace (agent is SkySmith) with a premium less than $500.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

While we're on the subject of insurance, riddle me this; I have just recently gotten my 3rd class back and I'm signed off on a Cessna 150 and 172. Each aircraft is owned by different individuals and I'm wondering if I could get both on the same policy. I've had non owners ins with Avemco when I was renting a champ at another airport, but I just haven't looked into this particular scenario. Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about this before I start digging.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Non-owned (renters) coverage isn't usually tied to any particular aircraft. It just states a maximum value of coverage and that you have to have no interest in the plane.

Thanks Ron, I should have figured that one out because when I had it before I don't think they asked about the plane, just how much coverage I wanted.