Hello All,

This is my first post here and I am modeling up a fuselage in Solidworks 2017. I recently Acquired the rights to the Raceair Skylite and Lil Bitts and want to model the Skylite up for a possible offering of a Kit or sub components. I am also a member of Chapter 40 at KWHP in Los Angeles CA.

Anyhow, I have seen a few posts here of fuselages being done and I have a few questions. I have most of the tubing in place as a Weldment, but my question is how do I incorporate other items into this weldment that are still welded but I need/want to draw them up in the sheet metal module? Only way I can see it happening is I draw as much as I can with the weldment module than insert it into an assembly where I start adding the other bits. If I do this can I still trim the inserted parts in relation to the weldment? My guess is no?

My other worry is since they are essentially a welded on item they really should be added in the weldment module as one of the items is the lower strut fittings and if I were to do FEA it should be all one continuous welded structure not an assembly. Curious how others have tackled this. The lower strut fittings are a bit complex and will be located near the blue gear leg tube

Here is a pic of where I am so far.
Name:  Skylite Fuselage - Tube Frame - 042618-1.jpg
Views: 2108
Size:  85.8 KB

Best regards,

Marc Webster
Cloudbase Engineering LLC
www.cloudbaseengineering.com