Thread: Dual throttles that push the same cable on the throttle body

Dual throttles that push the same cable on the throttle body

I prefer flying stick in the right hand, throttle left hand. Just how I am conditioned from my previous experience. My current set up is a central throttle, prop and mixture on the panel center of a 4 place Bearhawk. I recently heard about a dual throttle set-up where one push pull throttle was located on the far left side of the panel, with the central push pull throttle still in place. Both throttles move together. I would like to recreate this set-up for the Bearhawk for my right hand on the stick and left hand on the throttle preference. (Not interested in flying from the right seat). Has anyone encountered this or know how to configure two throttles that push the same cable on the throttle body? A friend mention a torque tube set up, but I would need to visualize that.

Thanks!

Way back in the dawn o' time, I answered a similar question:

Obviously, you can replace the curved handles with pushrods to standard throttle levers.

Ron Wanttaja

That must be the torque tube set up I was hearing about interesting. Thank!

Here are a couple different solutions used on Viking engines. Your throttle body may be different but these might give you some inspiration. Good luck.

https://vikingaircraftengines.ning.c...omment%3A29413

https://vikingaircraftengines.ning.c...Comment%3A3712

Thank you, Sir!

The Hiperbipe, a side by side biplane from the ‘70s used such a linkage. If you track down an owner they will probably
    share the drawings with you.

I have a SOCATA Rallye which has two “left hand throttles”. They are each connected to horizontal bellcranks.
    The Left throttle moves the left bellcrank that has a pushtube to the right bellcrank. The right throttle connects to the right bellcrank. The throttle cable goes from the right bellcrank to the carb.

ted