Thread: seaplane base

seaplane base

I plan to visit the Seaplane base, as i have a soft spot for floats.. (didn't get a chance last time, and need to make sure i do)

whats the usual travel time on the shuttle buses during the day?

cheers

mike
    2016 1st time Oshkosh visitor, 2017 was hopeful but just not to be..but see my 2016 and upcoming 2018 adventure on mikelynnweb.wordpress.com Celebrating the RAF100

I personally haven't done it yet either. But I believe the drive over is maybe 15-20 minutes at the most. I believe the bus runs every hour.

Could be 5-20 minutes wait for bus also.

Made the trip several times, but never timed it. It isn't a long trip though and I think It was maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Costs $3.00 round trip and you don't pay till the trip back. Worth every penny as its a totally different experience to the hustle and bustle on main grounds. Relaxing it what I call it. During busy times, you may have to wait thru a bus or two for the trip back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles1998 View Post
    I plan to visit the Seaplane base, as i have a soft spot for floats.. (didn't get a chance last time, and need to make sure i do)

whats the usual travel time on the shuttle buses during the day?

cheers

mike
    As you have a soft spot for me, I feel compelled to reply as well. The trip is less than 10 minutes from the Ultralight area stop and subject to traffic, about another 10 minutes from the main bus terminal stop by the main gate.

Bring an extra dollar or two to ride the pontoon boat around the lagoon.

It's where I go to wind down, relax and recharge my battery, a real beautiful place with friendly people all around.

Thanks for the information everyone, interesting about the pontoon trips.. :-)thanks againMike
    2016 1st time Oshkosh visitor, 2017 was hopeful but just not to be..but see my 2016 and upcoming 2018 adventure on mikelynnweb.wordpress.com Celebrating the RAF100

We visit the seaplane base, but have never been during the day! From prior posts, I believe you'll have a rental car; if you get out and about for supper, you can drive to the seaplane base - it's right on US 45 just a few minutes south of Oshkosh. Depending on the number in your party, it might be cheaper to take the bus during the day, as there is a charge for the car park at the base; I think it's $10. Some years, though, we've never found anyone staffing the gate, so we just park. It's a bit calmer than during the day (but remember - I've never been during the day), and things are winding down. Since we frequently dine in Fond du Lac, we just swing by after supper to get our seaplane fix.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton