Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Concerts 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    What’s Western music?
    Maybe Western Swing ???

What about Acid Country ? https://youtu.be/4-xOtbr2bjE

What’s Western music?
    As I heard it said at a country-western show in Colorado years ago, Country is when you're singing about somebody else's wife. Western is when you're singing about somebody else's horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity_Valley View Post
    As I heard it said at a country-western show in Colorado years ago, Country is when you're singing about somebody else's wife. Western is when you're singing about somebody else's horse.
    This is where we need a like button!
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

What’s Western music?
    Well if you were to ask the Russians: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and The Beach Boys would all be considered decadent Western Music.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

You need to watch the movie 1-2-3, a story of a capitalist Coca Cola exec thrust into cold war Berlin. The torture scene is pretty amusing:

Thanks Ron, I didn't understand any of the "Deutschland" conversation but I'm very familiar with "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie" song ! I love old movies.
    Bob

Most of the movie is in English. One of the last James Cagney films made (he disliked this one so much he didn't make anymore save a little cameo in Ragtime 20 years later (and a couple of narrations).

Anyhow, the gist is that they force him to confess to being an American Spy working for the CIA (then led by Allen Dulles, the brother of John Foster Dulles, who was Secretary of State and the namesake of the Northern Virginia Airport).

The context is that this guy is the communist boy that the daughter of a Coca-Cola exec that Jimmy Cagney's character has been tasked to watch. He decides to have the guy detained in East Berlin.

Amusingly, production of this film hit a snag when the Berlin wall was suddenly erected during the filming.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 07-05-2018 at 09:31 AM.

A wonderful example of Western Music!

1-2-3 is a hilarious movie. Originally a play, “Situation hopeless but not serious.” The more you know about Germans the funnier it is. (It caricatures Americans, too.) It was so nice of the East German Volkspolizei and Stasi to continue to use the old 3d Reich uniforms. It certainly helped to identify them as the bad guys.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Now that the week is over and done with, I just wanted to come here and voice my thanks to EAA (and Ford, who as we all know is the one who writes the check) for the Monday night concert.

Maddie and Tay are obviously new to the scene, and still figuring things out....Dustin Lynch on the other hand did very well....even bringing in some non country music for those who aren't really into that.

Good Job!