Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camping Oshkosh 1st time

That's how I'm reading it - stay out of the vendors way but free to wander. I wonder what area is 'restricted'? Just have to wait to see the e-mail and the map I reckon.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Floats,

Walking through the grounds and among outdoor exhibit areas is still permitted. Sunday a wristband will be required. We also want everyone to be aware of the amount of traffic in terms of semis, forklifts, etc. that will be moving about.

Thanks!

Banned
    Hi Sam,

Thanks for the confirmation. Nothing on my TCAS as yet, will check the traffic, uniform whiskey whiskey.

The "Restricted Area" is sizeable and highlighted on this map. The plane parking areas are available, but not the FlyMarket.

Name:  restricted area.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  96.2 KB
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-19-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Banned
    Now the waters are really muddied by that yellow restricted area map. It appears to be totally inconsistent with what Sam Oleson just confirmed to me about being permitted to walk the grounds and the outdoor exhibit areas.

Sam, now I'm confused, please clarify. Thanks.

We're being repressed!

Cue the Monty Python reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY

WELL--how are we suppose to get our stuff over to aeromart on sunday for check in????
    A bunch of us go over to the ABS ( american bonanza society) tent on sunday and help set up.
    Who ever came up with this plan--did not think it through--time to go back to the drawing board
    Kevin

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Floats,

I'm checking in with our security folks to clarify on this matter. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    I've received more clarification from our Director of Communications about the new policy and map. Pedestrians will still be allowed to walk through what's labeled as the "restricted area." Vehicles with proper credentials will be allowed to travel on Knapp St. Caution is advised when walking through the "restricted" area simply because of the amount of set-up going on.

Thanks a million Sam - this comes as a relief to those of us on site early.