Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle Flights, just announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    When looking to grow the field of aviation for the future there is a slight problem inherent with recruiting 74 year olds.
    The future is NOW!
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

...especially when one is bucking the actuarian tables!

All kidding aside, adding pilots at any age is a good thing!

The larger question I was asking was probably poorly worded, so let me try again:

What is the strategic goal of the program?

If it is to simply put pilots (read student pilots who will join the EAA) on the rolls, it may be worthy to go after the Boomers, knowing that in five years 90% won't be active.

If it is to put some muscle into the GA population the 25-45 year old demographic might be more on point.

Naturally I write that as a guy who got his ticket at 45 years old after finishing a suprisingly long stint in uniform (they said I wouldn't last three weeks - they just didn't tell me I'd have to do 1,297 weeks before I'd hit the count down!).
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

For me - and me alone - I am more than willing to share my joy of flying with anyone of any age - the more the merrier....
    I got my ticket after 20 years in the Army and 20 years in the mental health field. The next 20 are mine and mine alone...
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

When I was a starving CFI the back of my business cards read "Haven't you waited long enough?"