Thread: WANTED: Rutan's quickie q1 SCHEMES

Goggles WANTED: Rutan's quickie q1 SCHEMES

hi, I'm newbie on eaa forum
    but I'm looking for any plots of rutans quickle q1 or dragonfly

i've visited quickheads°com and downloaded a lot of documents about plane but it don't giving enough information( such as wing shape , metrics etc.)

I'm pretty open for any free/paid plans very wishful in digital copy for fair use
    ready to any tips
    thanks.
    Last edited by arseniy; 04-09-2018 at 01:35 AM.

You are aware the Q1 and Dragonfly are considerably different aircraft as the Q1 is a single place powered by small motors.
    There is a Quickie forum at,http://www.quickheads.com/index.php

Your best bet is to buy a set of plans on the Quickheads site, these will be on paper. There are no CAD versions I am aware of. I did start to draw the Q2 in CAD but lost interest.
    There maybe some control system parts out there but they truly are easy to build your own. I keep finding original parts from one in my storage area but have never compiled them into one place. My Q1 has all my own design control system with everything on bearings since the biggest design failure of the early Rutan designs were the steel on steel control pivots which may be fine in a desert but soon froze up in the rest of the world.
    The original airfoils were of a very poor selection and should be changed out. They tried an LS-1 front airfoil, I happen to have bought the first set of carbon spars for this, but that airfoil is nothing great either and the high pitching moment makes a non linear stick feel. One does not get much lift from the wings either which causes rather fast TO and landings. Not something great out east here.
    Last edited by CharlieN; 04-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Regards,
    CharlieN
    VP chapter 968

The link above does not seem to work but the forum is there, somewhere. A google search will get you there.
    Regards,
    CharlieN
    VP chapter 968

yeah, I'm understand that q1 and dragonfly are different.
    and I had hoped that there's a scanned version of sets you mentioned

Dragonfly plans

Hello. If you are interested, I bought last year a brand new set of Dragonfly plans. There are unused and excellent shape. I wouls resell them at same price.