Thread: Ryan PT-22 For Sale

Big Grin Ryan PT-22 For Sale

Background: While visiting the Weeks-Marks hangar and restoration facility at Wittman Field last May, we saw a beautiful Ryan PT-22 in one of the hangars. We were told, ostensibly, that since Harrison Ford's unfortunate accident in a similar plane, he was looking for another one. I have no way to contact him, or any way of knowing if this is true. But, our Port Townsend Aero Museum in Port Townsend Washington has recently posted on Barnstormers an excellent restored 1941 Ryan PT-22 for sale, ONLY $75,000. Contact phones are 360-531-0252 and 360-437-0863. I'm hoping someone here can make the connection and let him know. Disclaimer: I have no personal interest in this, just a fan of both.

Mr. Ford is an avid aviator and a big supporter of EAA. Just trying to help a fellow member. If he's not interested, so be it. PTAM rarely sells any of it's planes, but the ones that have come on the market are completely restored and in tip-top shape. They are generally sold within a week of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYDAN View Post
    Mr. Ford is an avid aviator and a big supporter of EAA. Just trying to help a fellow member. If he's not interested, so be it. PTAM rarely sells any of it's planes, but the ones that have come on the market are completely restored and in tip-top shape. They are generally sold within a week of posting.
    Was just there a week ago. Heck of a place. Surprised the heck out of me. AND they let kids fly some of the airplanes.....

Ron Wanttaja

Hey, Ron - I caught part of your talk on Fly Baby at the EAA Chapter 406 party last Wednesday. Had to cut out a bit early to get the doggy out of hock. That's a really interesting plane. I met a guy at KOSH last year that was looking to build a Pietenpol Air Camper from plans. To me, it seems the Fly Baby would be a much better choice. It's not for me, though. I don't have the patience or skill (or license) for the project.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYDAN View Post
    Background: While visiting the Weeks-Marks hangar and restoration facility at Wittman Field last May, we saw a beautiful Ryan PT-22 in one of the hangars. We were told, ostensibly, that since Harrison Ford's unfortunate accident in a similar plane, he was looking for another one. I have no way to contact him, or any way of knowing if this is true. But, our Port Townsend Aero Museum in Port Townsend Washington has recently posted on Barnstormers an excellent restored 1941 Ryan PT-22 for sale, ONLY $75,000. Contact phones are 360-531-0252 and 360-437-0863. I'm hoping someone here can make the connection and let him know. Disclaimer: I have no personal interest in this, just a fan of both.
    Hi Dan -
    I talked with Jack Pelton last night, and he talks to Harrison regularly. He said to tell you that info is appreciated, but that Harrison is not at all in the market for another PT-22 at this time. He's currently getting his open cockpit fix in a Waco.

I hope to get back to the Aero Museum next time I'm in the neighborhood. The last time I was there was probably 2006 or so, and I know they've grown by leaps and bounds since then. Great bunch of folks.

Thanks for taking the time to post -

Best,

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks, Hal. I deeply appreciate your assistance.
    Dan