Thread: Kawasaki T/A 440 Ultralight Engine won't start

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I run a 440 Kawasaki with the bowl & slide type carb. It would help to know what type carb you have. 3 most common Tillotson,Walboro and Mikuni. Bowl and slide carbs will have a separate pump . As long as you have supply its in the carb porting. A fine wire from say a wire brush. can somtimes be used like a pipe cleaner to clear those fine slotted hole. and there is always the main jet depending on the type and maker. In a choke on position one should get some result, even if it wont run continuous . You have stated it runs on ether , that leaves it to the fuel delivery alone. First be sure the carb is delivering fuel by cleaning .It will need to be cleaned thoroughly inside all ports and channels.Carb cleaner ? Gum-out this product dissolves some of the deposits but not all. Old fuel turned to a powder clogs . Personally If I found that inside I would buy a new carb . Then if sustained operation can not be achieved ,look to the shaft seals they dry out ,and if they are bad. They must be replaced, or BAD things can happen.The engine will not run long with bad seals . fuel will be too lean and over heating of the cylinder will melt down the piston. This may be true even if you have an electric fuel pump. The seals effect the draw on the carb. And need to be in good condition to make the separate diaphragm pump work.
    Last edited by Norman Langlois; 04-01-2018 at 01:29 PM.