Thread: Funny stories, avitaion and others

Funny stories, avitaion and others

Most of us need a laugh in these often sad times, perhaps these stories will do it . First aviation ones, I was talking to a man, Mike, from the early warbird days in California and reminiscing about a mutual friend who is a somewhat famous EAA guy from back then. First this man who is a skilled a & P has his plane in a friends' hanger with the heads off his radial engine and posts a big sign on his 4 bladed prop, DO NOT TURN PROP, and he tells everyone there not to touch over the weekend on pain of death and because it would ruin his engine. So soon as he leaves they take the sign off the blade at 9 oclock and simply tape it upside down onto the opposite blade at 5 oclodk. When the owner comes back Mon morning he is in a rage and hes a big guy so no one even has the courage to explain it to him, He finally sees some humor a few days later when he calms down. This same guy is known to be tight with a dollar. Once he is about to touch down gear up in a Mooney when he hears the prop tips buzz, so he adds power and goes around to land with gear down. Next day he works on the two bent tips with a hammer and crescent wrench , with prop still on the the airplane and till it is mostly straight. He flies away like that and it seems to work, just a bit of vibration and a funny sound and he goes on flying it for years.
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 03-29-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: No place for Easter bunny lap dances here.

Banned
    "Easter bunny lap dances"?? That's a tough image to imagine. Hal, you'll have to tell me about it when I see you in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    "Easter bunny lap dances"?? That's a tough image to imagine. Hal, you'll have to tell me about it when I see you in July.
    I saw it before Hal edited it. That's five thousand scorched brain cells that ain't gonna grow back.....

Ron "Duhhhhh" Wanttaja

The Easter Bunny story is right off the internet this morning so you might be able to look it up. It is not aviation, but the photo is funny, and pg rated. I think things are funny when someone exceeds normal behavior lines, as long as no real harm is done.
    And Hal deleted my Super Cub story also.

Is it true that eating too many cheese curds diminishes ones sense of humor? Or the result of a long cold winter with only Pepsi to drink?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-29-2018 at 06:02 PM.

One thing that pilot types do at an airshow especially when weathered in is sit around and tell jokes. Most of them seem to be r rated and get worse as the evening wears on. I know a bunch of them but very few are polite and well mannered to tell on a public site. A few of the funniest are also the worst, and in my defense I didn't make them up. Catch me at an airshow, you buy lunch and I'll tell you a few. There is a funny one about Tiger and the cheeseburger and the jucuzzi, and not the golfer but our Tiger, multi times Reno unlimited winner. Dont know if he can golf but he can sure fly. Now some kid named Hinton is making it look easy. It's basically a clean story, but better in person.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-29-2018 at 05:56 PM.

On a day when we were all "waiting for the wind to go down" I had pulled the Nieuport out of the hangar, and then thought it might be prudent to put out the wheel chocks to keep it from moving.

Well, up to Mike's hangar, where we chewed the fat and decided the wind was in fact not going to lay down, and I went back to put her away.

As one can imagine, I looked very perplexed as to why she just wouldn't move as I picked up the tail and tried to pull her back in, much to the amusement of others watching.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Flew to a nearby airport in the Fly Baby, dressed to the nines with leather jacket, scarf, helmet, goggles, and dark shades. Pulled off the helmet and goggles to go to the cafe, but people were looking at me funny.

I realized after a few minutes that one of lenses of my prescription eyeglasses had popped out.....Had kind of an "air pirate" vibe, I guess. I am kinda blind in that eye.

For the open-cockpit aviators out there, here's another pilot hazard to be aware of: Helmet Hair. I came home from flying once, and my wife just started laughing and laughing when she saw me. Nothing really UNusual about that, mind you, but this time she was really freaking out.

Looked in the mirror, and discovered that I hadn't set my flying helmet down right...hair got slightly mussed.

Ron Wanttaja