Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EFR rating: When VFR rating is not anough and IFR rating is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    Don't forget to carry over the 6 hours of currency from the requirements for being legal to file IFR...
    I don't remember when they got rid of that, but to be legal to fly IFR you need to follow 14CFR Part 61.57, which only has the following three requirements for IFR:

within the past 6 months:
    6 approaches
    Holding Procedures and tasks
    Intercepting and tracking courses using navigational electronics

No more instrument "time" requirements...

Obviously, all the general requirements apply.

Right, but my point was that guys who just fly enroute and don't do approaches will be required to have some sort of currency requirement to satisfy the ELOS. Which will be problematical for the pilots who only fly 10 hrs a year but want to fly through clouds.

Best of luck,

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Zeitlin View Post
    I don't remember when they got rid of that
    1997. >20 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneDan View Post
    Thank you for the link and advise. I will prepare and submit a proposal. However I suffer no delusions that this will ever come to pass in my lifetime. When I get a docket number, I will post it on this site. If anyone wants to join me in this endeavor, please let me know.
    Not to be Debbie Downer but it could be over quite quickly if they outright reject your petition. Yes, if they give it consideration it could be a lengthy process because they have to consider all ramifications. It took from 1989 to 1995 to rewrite Part 61 so I wouldn’t think it will take that long but 1-3 yrs is probable.