Thread: Recycling at Aairventure?

Recycling at Aairventure?

Does EAA recycle at Airventure? I should know, but cant recall for sure. There are likely a 50,000 plastic bottles, not mention the other waste used during the week, that could and should be recycled. In that one respect I liked the way it was when Zaugs was the vendor and used paper cups instead of plastic bottles for drinks.
    There was a story in the paper yesterday about how a business is doing away with plastic straws. It seems almost silly, just a little straw, but the they point out that they use a million straws, and switching to paper ones is more environmentaly friendly.
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 03-19-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Yes. There are receptacles for recyclables near the food vendors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Does EAA recycle at Airventure?

There was a story in the paper yesterday about how a business is doing away with plastic straws. It seems almost silly, just a little straw, but the they point out that they use a million straws, and switching to paper ones is more environmentaly friendly.
    As Kyle said, yes, OSH has large recycle bins at all the food outlets and some other places on the grounds as well.

Actually it's far from silly as it's not just a little plastic straw. Plastic takes many, many years longer to break down than paper.

A few years ago, they gave you a big plastic bag to put your recyclables in when you checked into camping. You placed it next to dumpsters when full (or leaving). All you had to do was ask and they would give you another. Haven't seen that the last few years.

I don't know about other camping areas, but in HBC there are recycle bins all over the place. I also remember seeing them near several of the tram stops. I never had any trouble finding one in which to dispose of plastic bottles, etc.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Vintage has rolly bins for recycling all over, too. The biggest issue is that (especially the ones on the main drag) people largely ignore the markings on the bins and throw trash in the recycling and recycling in the trash.

In fact, the trash contractor came and asked if we wanted more and I suggested a few places I knew we ended up needing them in the past.