Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADS-B Options for New Construction?

I recently purchased a Zenith 701.....NO radio, or transponder. I am looking at equipping it to be ads-B compliant. In and Out. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Looking to be cost effective, money IS an object. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azroper View Post
    I recently purchased a Zenith 701.....NO radio, or transponder. I am looking at equipping it to be ads-B compliant. In and Out. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Looking to be cost effective, money IS an object. Thanks
    Since you don't have a transponder at this point in time, your least expensive and simplest route is going to be to buy a transponder with 1090-ES, so it's all in one for your transponder and ADS-B Out, then a simple ADS-B in receiver like the Stratux units with the display on a Andoid or iPad running the software of your choice. (iFly, FlyQ, or others) The Stratus transponder is one of many 1090-ES solutions offered. You'll have to shop around for your best price and see what features you like best.

As for radio, the last two planes I built are both equipped with Xcom radios. IMHO, they are the best bang for the buck in a 2 1/4" instrument hole, but I'm sure others will have other recommendations, and again, you'll have to shop around for the features you like best.

uAvionix has an all in one coming out........ transponder, ADS-B In and Out. right out of the part 107 world. tiny, super low power, light weight, EFIS connected or a 2.25 panel Echo ESX https://uavionix.com/products/echoesx/

Teh uAvionics 1090-ES all in one In and Out transponder was actually announced at Sun-'N-Fun. I was anxiously awaiting the release. They offered pretty much the same unit last year for $2500 complete, including a 2 1/4" display, which I needed. ($500 option). When I was ready to buy this winter they pulled it back and said they would be releasing a new version at Sun-'N-Fun. The announcement was pretty quiet, but when I finally found it, I called and found it was essentially the same unit I wanted to buy the previous year (undoubtedly with some nice wizbang upgrades), but was now going to cost $4000. They priced themselves out of my purchase.