Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing my seaplane to Oshkosh (new thread)

Just seeing these posts. I am still in Fl. My home is and the plane are in NH. going back up in April. the plan is still to bring the plane to Osh this year tentatively. The current status is undergoing new flotation.There is also another factor not having anything to do with the plane . There is transport vehicle under construction to house the plane and myself and another sponsor in my endeavors. Since I opted for his help if its not finished in time that to will put the whole thing off.
    For launch options can the seaplane port accommodate a beach launch. The cart I use to hanger the plane can be used to launch from any gentle slope grass, sand, gravel .
    The plane will require disassembly to travel this time my usual trailer for transport and launch will not be available at Osh.
    We will assemble and display at the UL area on the cart. If flight will not be available video will.

I also need to know how to go about entering the airshow with the plane Applications ETC.
    I did drop my membership so I am not current.
    Last edited by Norman Langlois; 02-21-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Banned
    Norman, at the seaplane base there is a beach-like( not really a beach) mooring area in the lagoon across from the docks and the fuel pumps. You can moor your little seaplane here and tie it to some trees to show what it looks like in the water. You can bring a trailer into the base to disembark the plane and assemble it on the grassy area by the big tent. Obviously, you'll have to talk to the base people in charge to get permission for all this.

Please keep us advised of your plans. I would like to see you and the plane at the UL area and/or seaplane base.

Access the Ultralight runway from the south. (Knapp road, I think) Check the Air Venture website map for gate location.
    Should not need any prior application to display near the Red Barn, I think. Need to buy a wrist band, at the Ultralight gate (Red Barn) on arrival.
    After unloading, move your car or Motorhome across the street to a private parking lot. (Small fee)
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 02-22-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Bill is there any option to keep a motor home at the display site in the Ultralight area ? In other words camp next to the plane?

AFAIK there is thankfully no camping next to an aircraft other than tents at AirVenture. You would have to book an RV spot in their designated areas.

No.Tents only at Ultralight display area camping.
    Motorhome camping is across the street, reasonable rates. If you camp in a tent near your Ultralight, you would be charged about $29 tent camping per day, I think.
    Just parking the Ultralight only should be free, must be tied down.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 02-22-2018 at 12:23 PM.