Thread: New Experimental Aviation Web Search Engine

New Experimental Aviation Web Search Engine

I just recently opened eabportal.com to the public. This is a google powered search engine that will look exclusively in over 500 websites related to experimental airplanes. The search result will be tabbed by categories to help narrow down your results. The idea behind a google custom search like eabportal.com over a general google search is to eliminate unwanted results, like a search for “Zodiac” won’t include tons of pages about astrology but will focus on Zenith Aircraft. Google custom search will include 4 sponsors at the top of each page, keep in mind they are not my sponsors but theirs and that may not be related to experimental airplanes.

Please give it a try and let me know your impressions.

Seems to work fine on my Samsung phone, but doesn't format properly using my Kindle Fire tablet. The search box is only 1 character wide.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_dom View Post
    I just recently opened eabportal.com to the public. This is a google powered search engine that will look exclusively in over 500 websites related to experimental airplanes. The search result will be tabbed by categories to help narrow down your results. The idea behind a google custom search like eabportal.com over a general google search is to eliminate unwanted results, like a search for “Zodiac” won’t include tons of pages about astrology but will focus on Zenith Aircraft. Google custom search will include 4 sponsors at the top of each page, keep in mind they are not my sponsors but theirs and that may not be related to experimental airplanes.

Please give it a try and let me know your impressions.
    works very well

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    This looks great, Bill - an interesting and potentially very helpful resource!

I see that you have eaaforums.org included, but not eaa.org. It would be great if you could add our main site, and our video subsite, eaavideo.org, as well.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    This looks great, Bill - an interesting and potentially very helpful resource!

I see that you have eaaforums.org included, but not eaa.org. It would be great if you could add our main site, and our video subsite, eaavideo.org, as well.
    Thanks Hal, good catch, I though it was there, I just added it, should be indexed and available in a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Seems to work fine on my Samsung phone, but doesn't format properly using my Kindle Fire tablet. The search box is only 1 character wide.

Ron Wanttaja
    Thanks Ron, although the page is responsive, I have not tested it in all screen sizes, is only fully tested on desktop versions. Has yet to configure presentation for mobile devices. Your page www.wanttaja.com is included for indexing.

Very cool. Any chance getting my website added? Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    Very cool. Any chance getting my website added? Glenn
    Yes, just did. Is under the new "Flying" category. It is already indexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_dom View Post
    Yes, just did. Is under the new "Flying" category. It is already indexed.
    Thank you! Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org