Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Helicopter Pilots out there?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any Helicopter Pilots out there?

Hello, All!

Any helicopter pilots out there who'd like to share experiences & advice, I'd love to hear it, no matter where you're at in your journey.
    I'm an Instrument-Rated Heli pilot just finishing Commercial & CFI, and you know how it is...the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know!

Fly safe & keep the shiny side up!

Do autogyro pilots count?

"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport"— Orville Wright
    Tim OConnor, CFI, Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft, Sport Pilot Fixed Wing, FAA Advanced Ground Instructor:..
    You CAN Afford to FLY ! --> http://www.YouCanAffordToBeAPilot.com

AirMarshall, have you found any opportunities to make a living, even a very modest one, for a low time rotary pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingriki View Post
    AirMarshall, have you found any opportunities to make a living, even a very modest one, for a low time rotary pilot?
    Bump....

Become a cop!

Find a Law Enforcement organization that has an air unit, and join. Work the road for awhile, then transfer. At LAPD, you work the road for 5 years, but then you fly an A-Star every day and retire with an ATP and 10,000 hours...

How low is low time? It seems that the 1,000+ hour level is still the breakout to really get into the industry, but I've seen 500 & 700 hour CFI positions listed out there, if you're willing to move. Networking is really key, so you can find out from others the opportunities that are available.

Happy Close enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstorm View Post
    Do autogyro pilots count? .
    Sure, we like all whirlybids!

Yeah I have a 1962 BrantlyB2A that I,ve owned a few years. I received my private and commercial rotorcraft rating in it. I also have an RV-6 that I built 16 years ago. Love'm both. You cansee the Brantly fly on youtube. Type in "Brantly Experience.
    Lynn Gooch

Hi every one, I have a R44; 1300hr Commercial pilot, flew my R44 to Oshkosh from Cleveland area for my first time to Oshkosh, will do it again next year. Do a lot of flying for business, long distances. if your ever in the area, my helipad is always open OA21 , view it on airnav.com,

Howdy. Lou here. I fly an MD500 for a police dept in suburban ATL. I was a 400 hour fixed wing private pilot and a street cop before my dept taught me to fly the chopper. I've been flying, mostly on the night shift, for 4 years now. Having a blast and probably the luckiest guy I know. Living the dream....