Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Band ?

I would love to see Adele play Oshkosh but I think she's done touring so probably not going to happen but she has awesome music. Maybe the Killers would be good. They're out of Las Vegas and have some awesome music too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    IEvery year it's a struggle to get my 79 year old dad to stay hydrated because he's too stubborn

You're a good son Mark! I hope my kids will haul me to airshows when I'm 79, although the goal is to attend by flying in - at least till I join the flying octogenarians!

I don't understand the fascination with bottled water. Most of it is tap water, packaged in a plastic bottle. It is the same product you get from the free stations all around the grounds at Oshkosh. Why not bring your own bottle and fill it with tapwater?

Who drinks water at Oshkosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    EAA pays $$ZERO for the Monday night concert so there is $$NOTHING to save. Ford sponsors it and they and others fully sponsor other nightly concerts and other entertainment throughout the week.
    It’s impossible to know whether the same dollars Ford gave to EAA were later paid to the band. I assume sponsorships go into the same checking account where admissions, camping fees, exhibitor fees, etc., are deposited and out of which various AirVenture expenses are paid.

Unless you happen to know, just because someone is credited as a “sponsor” does not mean they paid the entire cost. Even if so, it doesn’t mean EAA couldn’t have gotten Ford to sponsor something else instead of the concert. So at least it cost EAA the opportunity to get something else sponsored.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    It’s impossible to know whether the same dollars Ford gave to EAA were later paid to the band. I assume sponsorships go into the same checking account where admissions, camping fees, exhibitor fees, etc., are deposited and out of which various AirVenture expenses are paid.

Unless you happen to know, just because someone is credited as a “sponsor” does not mean they paid the entire cost. Even if so, it doesn’t mean EAA couldn’t have gotten Ford to sponsor something else instead of the concert. So at least it cost EAA the opportunity to get something else sponsored.
    It's possible that any of these scenarios could occur. But sponsorships usually don't happen in these manners because the sponsor wants proof that their money went to what they obligated themselves to do contractually. That requires financial control accounting procedures to be properly in place with supporting documentation provided to the sponsor.

Another scenario could be a contractual request by EAA for Ford to pay the band directly.

If they aren't currently playing the funnel cake and elephant ear circuit, I would count them out at airventure.

So, any rumors floating around out there yet? Believable ones that is.

No new.....all is amazingly quiet.