Thread: Fisher classic/franklin

Fisher classic/franklin

Hello, I have recently purchased a Fisher classic two place biplane. I am working on making the airframe airworthy. I would like to power it with a Franklin 2A120. This the engine that was offered with the Bellanca 7ACA in the mid sixties. Can anyone offer practical experience with this engine? Thanks

My somewhat vague recollection is that it was neither smooth or powerful. The Champ airframe was wasted on that engine. I'm kinda' surprised they're still out there and available, how's the parts availability going to be for that engine?

parts availability

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    My somewhat vague recollection is that it was neither smooth or powerful. The Champ airframe was wasted on that engine. I'm kinda' surprised they're still out there and available, how's the parts availability going to be for that engine?
    Its true that the champ with that engine was under powered. The Classic airframe is much lighter than the champ. Parts are available from Franklin in TX.

What does the engine mount consist of on the Fisher? Does it have a good isolation system? Whatever they used on the Champ was almost adequate.