Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any suggestions for possible CH-750 builder?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    I am a Mooney driver itching to build and fly something low and slow.
    The CH-750 bug has really bitten me in the past several months. I drooled all over them at Oshkosh.
    I don't know what it is about that ugly little airplane, but I really like it!

I was excited to find this thread just now. To those building 750s, keep posting pictures and status updates!
    I am digging it.
    I knew you would be following this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP View Post
    I knew you would be following this thread.
    My first thoughts on engine were an O-200, or maybe the O-235 mentioned above by Taiser.
    I like the idea of an aircraft engine in my aircraft.
    But I know you're a Chevy guy. You'll probably want to experiment with a Corvair powerplant on your 750, huh?

I echo motories sentiments. I am building a CH 750 and have a used C90 for the engine. Although not new, these old aircraft engines are well proven power plants and you can get parts or service almost anywhere for them. I do not and will not pretend to be a power plant expert so if something needs serious attention, I know I will able to get parts and service quickly. Many of the alternative powerplants require unique accessories, mufflers and exhaust systems, for example. Not too many "used parts" available if needed, but the Continental or Lycoming support is a totally different story.

I picked the small Continental engine also since I can use a Cessnal 150 exhaust/muffler system which provides one of the better small airplane cabin heater systems and here in Alaska it really gets cold in the winter.

Good luck with your decisions. I do not regret buying the 750 kit.

Bill
    Bill

Somebody was inquiring about pictures! My 750 touched down the first time this weekend on her main gear...feels like a milestone. I must say the build is going quite well. Been a few issues with the kit, most have been resolved well, a few have not but it's nothing that could not be overcome. I'm working about 1-2 hours most days after work, and maybe 10-15 hours on the week-ends. I've been impressed with the kit! Looking for a 0-200 or 235 mostly now, still interested in the viking though...well see!

This is where I'm at now...

Name:  DSC00903.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  58.4 KB