Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Nervous First Time Passengers for a Flight - VIDEO

Ryan, others may have their own way, but far as I know "three green or three in the green" normally means 3 gear down for landing. I'd prefer to look at oil temp and pressure, suction at run up, to know if its right before takeoff roll and I would mostly look out at the runway when I started takeoff. In some planes, tailwheeel for instance, I prefer not to look down to the panel except perhaps brief power and airspeed check. As for suction,again if there is a need for gyros like night or imc, I'd want to verify it before takeoff run.Fuel flow might be one to look at, maybe.
    Did you switch seats so the other lady go to fly the 2nd leg? And a suggestion, if you are going to move to complex, start now using gear down as part of your landing check., may even simulate moving the lever.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-31-2018 at 05:48 PM.

This was a second check that was taught to me by my instructors, so you check those things at run up and then glance at them again at full power to make sure you don't have a problem before you're airborne. That makes sense to me BUT the callout of '3 in the green' does contradict with the gear down standard.

Other lady (her name is Cassidy) is due up in the next episode, she wasn't keen on actually flying really BUT did enjoy the flight.
    Lynne from this episode is interested in taking some lessons I think, I'm trying to be a bad (good) influence.

Banned
    Ryan, your video title has caught my eye and imagination: "MY FIRST TIME WITH TWO WOMEN"

Next time lose the plane and post the video.

Gotta have that click bait headline!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dembroski View Post
    Gotta have that click bait headline!
    Agreed! Gotta sell the sizzle, not the steak.