Thread: Installing Toolbox

Installing Toolbox

I've been working my way through a book of exercises in Solidworks (Solidworks 2017 Learn by Doing) and one project requires using the Toolbox. I opened up the Design Library only to find the cryptic message, "Toolbox is not installed". Where do I find it? The book says "select Toolbox and click Add in now". No such option opens up. I've poked around a bit without success. Help!!!

Thanks,
    Rick

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi Rick,

Try Tools>Add-Ins
    You should find two options for the toolbox - SolidWorks Toolbox and SolidWorks Toolbox Browser.
    You'll need both.
    You also have the option of adding it in for the current session, or every time you open SW.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Jeffrey

No Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Meyer View Post
    Hi Rick,

Try Tools>Add-Ins
    You should find two options for the toolbox - SolidWorks Toolbox and SolidWorks Toolbox Browser.
    You'll need both.
    You also have the option of adding it in for the current session, or every time you open SW.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Jeffrey
    Jeffrey, Just to be sure I ended up where you were sending me; From the drop down menus at the top of the screen pick Tools, near the bottom of that menu is Add-ins. Open that and I get two boxes. Solidworks Add-Ins with the following options to check; Autotrace, Featureworks, SW Utilities, SW forum 2017, SW Composer. The second box is labeled Other Add-Ins. It has Solidworks 3DExperience smartlink, SW Social 2017, SW XPS Driver 2017. Is there anything I can do in the installation files to load Toolbox?
    Thank you for your help,

Rick

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi Rick,

Your lack of joy could be caused by:
    1. You are probably running the Student Edition of SW as supplied thru the EAA, and I suspect that version doesn't support the toolbox add-in, or...
    2. I am running SW Premium 2013 and there may have been some changes in the menus since then.

One way or the other herewith a screen shot of the add-ins menu as it looks on my screen.

Hope this helps

Jeffrey
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Has anyone gotten the Toolbox to load/install? I am running into the same problem as LSAguy104.
    Minnesota

Toolbox is not included in SOLIDWORKS Standard 2018-19.