Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob to AirVenture

Question Noob to AirVenture

Quick question. Got my ticket bought for the week. Plan to camp with the airplane, '67 KCAB Citabria, in vintage airplane parking. Do I need to purchase camping separately?

Quote Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
    Quick question. Got my ticket bought for the week. Plan to camp with the airplane, '67 KCAB Citabria, in vintage airplane parking. Do I need to purchase camping separately?
    Yes, but you do it after you arrive. You can’t prepurchase airplane camping.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Auburntsts is correct. Frankly, you didn't even need to prepurchase the admission either. You could have just as easily gotten all that stuff at the window when you registered the plane. Read the NOTAM and have your "VAC" (what you want is Vintage Airplane Camping, not Parking which implies in Oshkosh-speak that you don't want to camp with the plane). We'll see you when you get there.

I'm bringing a folding bicycle (Montague Paratrooper). What's the story on using bicycles?

AFAIK, bikes are not allowed on the grounds. There is a separate bike park area near the south pedestrian gate near the exhibit hangars.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/ab...ohibited-items

I've never had a problem WALKING a bike out from the Vintage area, but you'll probably find it difficult to bring it back in and will have to leave it at the bike corral ChicagoRandy mentions. This isn't actually all that far from the Vintage area. When it's time for you to depart we can probably wrangle it so you can walk it back to your plane. As Randy mentions, riding bikes starting Sunday before the show until it closes the following Sunday is absolutely forbidden "inside the gates."

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    As Randy mentions, riding bikes starting Sunday before the show until it closes the following Sunday is absolutely forbidden "inside the gates."
    But careful, you can be run over by one of the millions of gulf carts being driven by the elitists, but you better not ride your bike, you peasant!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by streffpilot View Post
    But careful, you can be run over by one of the millions of gulf carts being driven by the elitists, but you better not ride your bike, you peasant!
    I've been waiting for this. Hi neighbour. Can you say hypocrytical? Can you say class conciousness? Sure you can. Will you be mine, will you be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I've been waiting for this. Hi neighbour. Can you say hypocrytical? Can you say class conciousness? Sure you can. Will you be mine, will you be mine.
    I am only pointing out that if you have X status you get X privilege.....no X status no X privilege.....

its just the way it is. i'm not being hypocritical.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by streffpilot View Post
    I am only pointing out that if you have X status you get X privilege.....no X status no X privilege.....

its just the way it is. i'm not being hypocritical.
    You have misinterpreted my response. I am in full agreement with your comments and your pointed observation. It is correct and indisputable. You are NOT hypocrytical, EAA's policy IS hypocrytical. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth.