Thread: Threads not Updating?

Threads not Updating?

I typically browse the forum by choosing the "new posts" feature at the top of the page. In the past, once I've seen (not opened) a new post on a topic, the next time I checked in, that post was no longer in the "new" subset, and the thread wasn't "new" either, unless someone had added to it.

Now, the last half dozen times I've visited the forum, the "new post" feature isn't working correctly. As an example, the Garmin 696 For Sale post continues to show up as new, despite not having been updated or added to in several days. There are multiple threads like that, which continue to show up with "new posts", even though no new posts have been added.

Whassup with that?

Sometime last year, this site, and another that I frequent using the same software, changed from that behavior to staying "new" until you click on them or until you use the Forum Tools drop down to mark the "forum" as read.

Larry N.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Sometime last year, this site, and another that I frequent using the same software, changed from that behavior to staying "new" until you click on them or until you use the Forum Tools drop down to mark the "forum" as read.
    Nothing changed for me until the middle of last week.

I've noticed the same thing Kyle, so it isn't something on your end.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

I'm having the same/similar problem. The thread on the top of the ultralight group has a new post. If I open the thread the most recent one I see was posted in 2013. If I click the "new post" then I can see it but not with the rest.