Thread: GoPro

GoPro

Actually a cheap GoPro clone, Apeman 1080P, I got off Amazon. I want to get video of what I see from the cockpit of a Citabria but not with my head moving around. I have a bunch of Ram Mount stuff including suction cups. The camera comes with a adaptor that has the 1/4-20 female socket so I can put a 1" Ram ball on it. I want to be able to see outside, horizon, etc., but also instruments.

I will be using it mostly to critique myself learning simple aerobatics but also to torture my family and friends. Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
    Actually a cheap GoPro clone, Apeman 1080P, I got off Amazon. I want to get video of what I see from the cockpit of a Citabria but not with my head moving around. I have a bunch of Ram Mount stuff including suction cups. The camera comes with a adaptor that has the 1/4-20 female socket so I can put a 1" Ram ball on it. I want to be able to see outside, horizon, etc., but also instruments.

I will be using it mostly to critique myself learning simple aerobatics but also to torture my family and friends. Tips?
    Plan to show your videos around dinnertime, so their blood sugar is dropping.

Ron "Or were you asking for tips about the videoing itself?" Wanttaja

Waltermitty, I have used a couple of Go Pro "clones" while flying a Champ, stalls, spins, etc. I got the cheap cameras just in case the one on the wing strut fell off, it didn't so I got some good footage. Anyway, I usually mount one to the rear seat side window and one from the over head structural cockpit tubing upside down and facing out the front. I have also mounted one on the front seat window aimed at the instrument panel and it works pretty good. I have thought about using the chest mount but haven't tried that yet. Also, for cheap action cameras check out, Gear Best. I got one for $29.95 and one for $24.95, they both have the LCD screen on the back, (my Go Pro does not) and they have the same features, if not more that the Go Pro and take better video. I've had them for two years and haven't had any problems. They may quit tomorrow but I've gotten my moneys worth out of them. They shipped from China and each time it took about 5 weeks to get them but I'm completely satisfied and will buy from them again. This is not a plug for them, just passing along the info. Hope to see some video soon.
    Bob

Thanks for the tip. I suspect that most/all of the clones come out of the same factory in China. I've had good luck buying other stuff direct from China, very good deals if you can stand the wait.

ThiEYEi60e records in 4K. For 50 bucks. But with the 360 camera's hitting the market, I like those hands down better then any of these small go-pro style camera's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ThiEYE-i60e...4383.l4275.c10