Thread: Are there any kit/lsa/ul manufacturers here in community?

Are there any kit/lsa/ul manufacturers here in community?

Well , i am from India i reside here too....the thing is that after seeing this EAA i was astonished that why i cant promote in india too , like hobby flying / recreational flying even though its here but its limited and very low

The thing is there are no manufacturers of kit planes or ultralights / light sport , only two or three zenith , quicksilver , flightstar and Airtrikes.... very limited 2 companies if im not wrong they took licence from these manufacturers and producing
    here . people need more , less price , safety here in India and asia ...... and also one more thing nearby developed Asian countries they too dont have more manufacturers here , but these days they are also gearing up for those hobby flying etc .... and LSA are used for pilot training purpose ....previously its very less

So if there are any plans to expand their business of any organisation /planning to setup own aircraft company consider here too , lets work together here and gear up hobby flying/recreational flying in other countries too like EAA in USA

some more in my mind too , anyone interested lets discuss

my dear friends of EAA community pls consider this and i owe you if u all support in this regarding aspect

thank you...
    Last edited by vamsi krishna b; 01-03-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vamsi krishna b View Post
    ...So if there are any plans to expand their business of any organisation /planning to setup own aircraft company consider here too , lets work together here and gear up hobby flying/recreational flying in other countries too like EAA in USA...
    I am a kit manufacturer, and I have tried a couple of times to work with contacts in India to promote soaring (sailplanes) and amateur-built aviation in India. But from looking at the India airworthiness regulations, and reviewing email correspondence with airworthiness authorities, it appears that the bureaucracy and its functionaries are too risk-averse for homebuilt aviation to flourish there.

But I'd still like to make sailplanes in India. Feel free to PM me or contact me via email to discuss further.

--Bob K.
    Bob Kuykendall
    HP-24 kit sailplane project

HP-24 Project Facebook Page
    http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24
    EAA Technical Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by BoKu View Post
    I am a kit manufacturer, and I have tried a couple of times to work with contacts in India to promote soaring (sailplanes) and amateur-built aviation in India. But from looking at the India airworthiness regulations, and reviewing email correspondence with airworthiness authorities, it appears that the bureaucracy and its functionaries are too risk-averse for homebuilt aviation to flourish there.

But I'd still like to make sailplanes in India. Feel free to PM me or contact me via email to discuss further.

--Bob K.
    HI, i Sent you a PM .. but again i reviewed airworthiness standards and also rules and regulations for manufacturing and operation here , yes here its little built difficult to flourish experimental/home built , there is an opportunity for ready to fly kits can be manufacture here. If there any possibility i'll go through it and regarding sailplane too
    Last edited by vamsi krishna b; 01-04-2018 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKu View Post
    It's been said that England invented modern bureaucracy, and India refined it to an excruciating pinnacle...

I believe X-Air is, or was, manufacturing planes in India.

Dana

yes , it is only one and another organisation is there ,but no sign of those planes ..i think its throp 211 assembly unit by TAAL in india

What's the state of General Aviation (GA) in India? How does it compare with other countries? IMO, without a viable non-turbine GA environment (ie no significant barriers to private plot certification or the Indian equivalent, GA aircraft certification and registration, piston engine fuel availability, airport and airspace access, etc) there's not much of a chance that there would be any kind of business case analysis that would support setting up operations there, E-AB or otherwise.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    What's the state of General Aviation (GA) in India? How does it compare with other countries? IMO, without a viable non-turbine GA environment (ie no significant barriers to private plot certification or the Indian equivalent, GA aircraft certification and registration, piston engine fuel availability, airport and airspace access, etc) there's not much of a chance that there would be any kind of business case analysis that would support setting up operations there, E-AB or otherwise.
    Todd in India civil aviation is maintained by Directorate General of Civil Aviation(DGCA)... as per ur question , when compared to other countries the norms are little bit tough unlike United states(don't know about other nearby Asian countries, but Thailand , Malaysia are better compared to India as i heard )... In USA , when compared to population there are more than 4 times than US... and area wise it is lower than US ... i think there are not more than 1000 civil aircrafts(including private jets, turboprop, piston , light sport etc..)....so when coming to light sport / ultralight and home built aviation norms have changed, i will send u a Private Message regarding this and the analaysis

Quote Originally Posted by vamsi krishna b View Post
    Todd in India civil aviation is maintained by Directorate General of Civil Aviation(DGCA)... as per ur question , when compared to other countries the norms are little bit tough unlike United states(don't know about other nearby Asian countries, but Thailand , Malaysia are better compared to India as i heard )... In USA , when compared to population there are more than 4 times than US... and area wise it is lower than US ... i think there are not more than 1000 civil aircrafts(including private jets, turboprop, piston , light sport etc..)....so when coming to light sport / ultralight and home built aviation norms have changed, i will send u a Private Message regarding this and the analaysis
    Thanks for the info you sent me in the PMs. After taking a look and doing a bit more online research, I think the development of a private/sport segment of the Indian GA market will be a tremendous uphill battle. From what I can tell, almost 100% of the GA activity is focused on development of business aviation. Any private/sport aviation development seems to be an afterthought at best. As a result, getting major kit manufacturers to commit to basically non-existent market (you don't have the GA infrastructure or pilots) just isn't going to happen. The good news is the regulatory atmosphere doesn't appear overly burdensome. So IMO (and I'm no expert), a viable GA market could be developed, but would need significant governmental and local industry buy-in. Probably the best idea is to monitor what's going on with GA in China as a possible model for India.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Thanks for the info you sent me in the PMs. After taking a look and doing a bit more online research, I think the development of a private/sport segment of the Indian GA market will be a tremendous uphill battle. From what I can tell, almost 100% of the GA activity is focused on development of business aviation. Any private/sport aviation development seems to be an afterthought at best. As a result, getting major kit manufacturers to commit to basically non-existent market (you don't have the GA infrastructure or pilots) just isn't going to happen. The good news is the regulatory atmosphere doesn't appear overly burdensome. So IMO (and I'm no expert), a viable GA market could be developed, but would need significant governmental and local industry buy-in. Probably the best idea is to monitor what's going on with GA in China as a possible model for India.
    Thank you Todd... if you have any plan or any contacts planning for kit manufacturing or ready to fly option , please have an eye here

Thank You

You also have the caste system which would alienate most of your "customers".