Thread: Darkest hour

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Darkest hour

I haven't yet seen the new movie Darkest Hour, about Britain facing WWIi and the German threat, but I expect to. I am a great fan of Sir Wimston a man who spoke often to elequently and also with wit and memorable lines. But most of all he from the first saw Hitler as the evil that he was and Churchill never waiverede from his opposition and determination to oppose Hitlier no matter what it may risk.
    As an example of his character, Winston wanted to landed with the invasion at Normandy, and Eisenhower wisely overruled that.BJ anbd
    Contrast this with the lack of leadership from LBJ and Nixon during the Vietnam War, disgust not inspiration.

Winston liked his Brandy and was often chastised by proper ladies for being in his cups. One lady said he was so shameful that if he was here husband she'd put poison in his drink and Winston replied that if he was her husband he'd drink it. Another time a lady jumped all over him saying . "You sir are drunk" Winston came back with "And you Madame are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-29-2017 at 05:47 PM.