Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Class Medical

3rd Class Medical

Well, I got my clearance from my regular Dr. and my Cardiologist to have my knee replacement surgery, that’s a load off. I was a little worried about the stress test, I haven’t done a treadmill test in about 10 or 12 years, just the Nuclear ones. Even with the bad knee, bone on bone and the good, ha ha, knee, plus a severe sprained foot I did pretty good. Two days later I’m back in the Dr. office to get the results and everything looked good he said. If I’m not mistaken, the stress test is good for 6 mos. as far as the 3rd class medical goes. Of course, I was almost wrong once before, but that was a long time ago. So, if that’s the case, I may be able to get my physical before I have surgery on the 23rd of Jan. and after I recover enough to get in an airplane again I can do my flight review. Oh yeah, then there’s that thing about being blind in one eye, oh well, we’ll see what happens.
    Bob

Best of luck to you this holiday season!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

That stress test is really important in case you fly a very long airplane where you may be jogging in the ailse. I wonder how Sir Douglas Bader did on his treadmill test?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    That stress test is really important in case you fly a very long airplane where you may be jogging in the ailse. I wonder how Sir Douglas Bader did on his treadmill test?
    On the left side, undoubtedly.......

Ron "And the gearshift's on the other side, too" Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    If he took off his wooden leg, he would have looked like Lowly Worm !!!

Had a consultation with the Aeromed Dr. today, took the paper work he requested and after looking it over, he wanted more paper work. Ok, that's not a problem, I can get that, well, my wife handles all our paper work so she'll get it. I could probably get it to him next week but my wife is leaving for Colorado tomorrow and won't be back for 8 days. Just in time to throw her mom an 80th birthday party and a few days before my knee replacement surgery. Thank God she isn't old like me, gotta love that woman ! Crap, forgot to tell the Dr. I'm blind in one eye, maybe I can fake it on the eye exam! LOL
    Bob

Got the rest of the paper work the Aeromed Dr. requested but I'm holding off on another appointment until I get off these pain meds to make sure I pass the drug test. Today is 3 weeks since my knee replacement surgery and so far it all looks good. I figure another month and all drugs should be out of my system.
    Bob

I’ve never gotten a drug test in conjunction with an FAA medical. Got plenty of them at work tho.....

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I’ve never gotten a drug test in conjunction with an FAA medical. Got plenty of them at work tho.....
    Marty, I used to work a lot of Nuke jobs, 2 or 3 outages a year and would always take an initial drug screen for pre employment and usually 2 or 3 random test while the job was going on. Also, a complete background check each time. As far as the FAA drug screen, I'm going to the same Dr. as my flying buddy and he said he had the drug screen on his last physical so I just want to be on the safe side.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    As far as the FAA drug screen, I'm going to the same Dr. as my flying buddy and he said he had the drug screen on his last physical so I just want to be on the safe side.
    He may have pee’d in a cup but there was no test for illicit drugs. That was for something else. Drug screen is not part of an FAA medical