Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: United Experience

United Experience

I dont think an airline could have worst customer service if it was run by Al Queada . I just spent 2 hours on the phone, talked to 5 people in the Philippines just in order to reserve a 45 minute flight on the United Express carrier, Skywest. By contrast, I made a reservation with Southwest for a 3 hours flight and it only took about 10 minutes with one agent who was in Phoenix.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-21-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Banned
    Get hip to the new order and book online for simple, standard reservations. You'll save yourself your self-imposed aggravation and much time.

You'll save yourself your self-imposed aggravation and much time.
    Self imposed? THAT statement I don't understand.

Larry N.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Self imposed? THAT statement I don't understand.
    When you VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE to spend 2 aggravating hours on the phone trying to book a simple 45 minute flight when there is an obvious, efficient and time saving alternative, then your behaviour is self-imposed.

Floats, you and many other people especially the recordings that you listen to while on hold will tell you how easy it is to do everything on line. Just llke I could tell you how easy it is to ski 70 mph down an icy racy course or change 12 gallons of oil in a Merlin or coach a football team. But reality is a little more complicated than that, even if I was good with a computer. Its not that straightforward. I have never had to go online with Southwest and do their work for them and I can usually make a reservation by phone with them in less than 10 minutes. I just wish they flew in here and everywhere I needed to go. Just a few of the obstacles with United were trying to convince the geniuses in Manila that everywhere in Colorado is not Col Springs,that one only took them asking my departure 5 times, and most of the time was spent trying to use miles for the flight rather than pay the bargain price of a mere $670 plus fees and tax for the 200 mile 20 minute flight which SW goes about 5 times as far for half the fare. I did get a special kindness from United,they didnt call cops to attack me like the doctor. They were polite , just incompetent and it is their system not just their people. You could see when their CEO testified before Congress recently how unconcerned he was with any problems the airline has or making any changes.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-22-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Reminds me of an old joke: "My wife and I tried to fly United, but the flight attendant made us go back to our seats."

I rarely fly United (the airline, I mean :-) but did for a trip back to North Dakota a month ago. Booking (online) was painless, and the planes were all on time. Nobody was beat up in my presence, though the cheeseburger was a bit overcooked.

All the airlines are trying to maximize profit by reducing staffing, and one obvious target is live customer service. That's why they've made online bookings so easy. I had a problem with another airline's reservation a while back, and did spend ~20 minutes or so waiting on the phone. Flip the phone to Speaker mode, and surf the net until you get an agent.

Like Floats said, dealing with live customer service for a simple booking is just self-inflicted pain.

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Why don't you try booking a straight forward point A to B flight on-line that does not require any special needs. Just read and follow the simple instructions for about 4-5 steps in the process. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Even if you screw up something you can easily correct it. If you omit or mess up something the program will tell you exactly what it is.

Try it, you will make yourself proud and wonder why you were ever afraid to engage. You might also save some money as on-line flights are usually cheaper than phone bookings. As well, you can also see what are the cheapest days to depart and return to any given destination.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    .....the cheeseburger was a bit overcooked.

Ron Wanttaja
    You got fed on a commercial flight!?!? The flight attendant must have mistaken you for one of the pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    You got fed on a commercial flight!?!? The flight attendant must have mistaken you for one of the pilots.
    A lot of people mistake me for a pilot. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Bill, worst customer service by United ever? Not even close!

Just saw a story on the news that, over the course of 2 days ending yesterday, United LOST a 92 year old grandmother on 2 of it's flights, Ashville NC to Newark to Ottawa. It's a bit messy and convoluted but until the bitter end United customer service said she was never on any flights and told her relatives that she was never boarded. All totally untrue. In fact, because of bad weather in Newark she could not make the connecting flight to Ottawa and United in fact put her up in a hotel, picked her up the next morning and put her on a United flight to Ottawa. Still customer non-service said she was not on any flight and suggested the relatives call police.

So Bill, with United it can and will ALWAYS be a whole lot worse. United's guiding business principle is Murphys Law.