Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: United Experience

Floats your suggestion is simple but not useful since United it the only one that serves our airport and destination I need.

No passenger fataliites on major U S carriers in the U S for last 6 years or so. Southwest has never in its history had a passenger fatality, safe operation is not exclusive to good customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    We all wish that was true but unfortunately it isn't true and factual. I called Ms. Google and she told me that with domestic scheduled airlines in the U.S. since Jan. 2000 till now, there have been 6 deadly crashes not including the four on 9/11. I believe there have been 2 in Canada in the same period.

Jan. 2000, Alaska Airlines 261, 88 killed
    Nov. 2001, American 587, NYC, 260 killed
    Jan. 2003, Air Midwest 5481, Chalotte, 21 killed
    Dec. 2005, Chalks 101, Miami, 20 killed
    Aug. 2006, Comair/Delta 3191, Lexington, 49 killed
    Feb. 2009, Colgan/Continental 3407, Buffalo, 49 killed

Aug. 2011, First Air 6560, Resolute Bay, Nunavut, 12 killed
    Mar. 2015, Air Canada 624, Halifax, 0 killed, numerous serious injuries
    I believe this was a US statistic so the last crash was Colgan in 2009,,,,which was 16 yrs ago.
    Still,,,who buys life insurance at a airport Kiosk anymore?

Banned
    [QUOTE=raytoews;67643...so the last crash was Colgan in 2009,,,,which was 16 yrs ago. [/QUOTE]

Hope you get a basic math course refresher for Christmas. 16 years ago would be 2001 not 2009. This means the Colgan crash is almost 9 years ago.

Happy New Year which by the way will be the dawning of 2018-- intelligent heads prevailing and the creek don't rise.

Too funny! This is why I avoid checking bags whenever possible and carry on only the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Southwest has never in its history had a passenger fatality, safe operation is not exclusive to good customer service.
    That may be true, but the December 2005 runway overrun at MDW did result in the death of a child in an automobile that the SWA 737 hit.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I dont think an airline could have worst customer service if it was run by Al Queada . I just spent 2 hours on the phone, talked to 5 people in the Philippines just in order to reserve a 45 minute flight on the United Express carrier, Skywest. By contrast, I made a reservation with Southwest for a 3 hours flight and it only took about 10 minutes with one agent who was in Phoenix.
    Bill - I hope you will send an email to UA's upper management and relate your story to them; I had a friend with a recent horror story, too. It seems to me that the cost-cutting of recent years, primarily under the two prior CEOs, is still causing problems and that the newish senior management needs to know what's really going on. I believe the email addresses are Oscar.Munoz@United.com for the CEO and Scott.Kirby@United.com for the President.

CDS, thanks for the addresses and suggestion that I contact United. I saw Oscar Munoz when he testified before Congress after the beating of the doctor on United/Republic. His initial claim was that the airline did nothing wrong and it was the passengers fault, only changing his story when the lawyers and Congress told him he'd lose a jury trial. I dont think any complaint to him would go anywhere. I have friends who fly for United and are top pilots, just not the public relation side of the airline.

Just last week a woman bought and had boarding pass for first class on a flight, she showed the boarding pass to the camera in this story. But when she went to get on the plane they told her "she was not in the system" and gave her another seat in the back of the plane. When she boarded she found her seat had been given to a Congresswoman, she showed a photo of the Rep sitting in seat 1a that had been sold to her.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-05-2018 at 11:43 AM.