Thread: How is EAA Actively promoting the Sport Pilot program

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dingus View Post
    purchasing a plane is not in the average mans budget, even if 4 guys went together, finding 4 people with at least 10,000 in cash to plop down would be almost very difficult.
    Really? How do people buy boats and motorcycles and lake cabins and pay for vacations and weddings? You save up money, or finance, or sell something else, depending on your situation. I didn’t have $100K laying around in an old sock, and yet here I am owning half an airplane. Six months ago I owned the whole thing. Ten years ago I couldn’t have bought an RC airplane, let alone the real thing. If it’s important you will figure it out, even if “figuring it out” means figuring out how many years it will take you to get there.

PS... I didn’t mean for that to sound critical or snarky, but it probably did. I should know better than to try to type replies on this teeny little phone with an even teenier keyboard. Point is, buying an airplane is like any other non-essential, but is probably easier to find partners to share the cost since you’ll each likely only use it 40-50 hours per year anyway.
    Last edited by DaleB; 12-24-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.