Thread: How is EAA Actively promoting the Sport Pilot program

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Correct, other than the PP being able to carry more than one passenger if his medical situation and aircraft allow it. I believe, however, that his point was that there is benefit to the added training received for the Private Pilot ticket. Night takeoffs and landings, flight by reference to instruments, unusual attitude recovery, etc. I don't know if the last two are required for Sport Pilot training or not, but it would be very difficult to argue against them being a good idea - especially if carrying a passenger.
    The night and instrument training is is of no value if the aircraft you fly has no lights or instruments.

I am searching for a new owner for a $12,000 certified LSA equivalent, side by side two seater with tailwheel and not having much luck.

Major problems in addition to expense is where to keep it (wood and fabric) (no electric). I would like to train pilots with it but can not fly it from the modern airfields due to Class B and Class C airspace restrictions. All the little old airports are now private or restricted and the county where I live has passed an ordinance that prohibits any new airports. My favorite former airport is now a landfill and compost recycle facility.

The alternate private airport requires a million dollars of insurance to fly my $3,000 aircraft there where it would be difficult to crash and wipe out a cactus.

I would like to work with you wana bee pilots but as you can see the FAA has many regulations preventing you from flying. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by jedi; 12-30-2017 at 04:20 PM.