Thread: Saving Post

Saving Post

Probably a dumb question but is there a way to make a folder to save post that interest me ? Some post were originated by me and some were not, but have info I would like to have handy.
    Thanks,
    Bob

In the past, I've highlighted the text in the post, copied it to the clipboard, then pasted it in a Notepad or Word document. This doesn't save the pictures or graphics, but you can right-click the pictures and save them separately.

Alternately, click the post's number (on the far right, "#1", "#2", etc.) and save it as a bookmark on your browser. You can set up folders in your Bookmarks to put the bookmarks for your posts.

Also, you should be able to save the current page using your web browser. Set up a folder for storage, go to the desired web page, and go to the "File" Menu and select, "Save Page" (or "Save Page As"). This saves the text and pictures to your hard disk. The links will still work, too, so you can go to later pages in the thread (though these actually link to the actual page rather than a local save.

Ron Wanttaja

Just above the first message on the page you're looking at, you'll see a menu item called "Thread Tools". In that menu, there's a an option to "Subscribe to this Thread...":

Name:  2017-12-14_10-25-49.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  17.5 KB

It will keep track of all the threads you're interested in here. Also ones that you've responded to.

If you'd like to review those that you've subscribed to, from the Quick Links menu at the top, select "Subscribed Threads":

Name:  2017-12-14_10-26-04.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  18.4 KB

And here's the list:

Name:  2017-12-14_10-30-03.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  19.9 KB

Hope this helps!
    ~Chris
    Last edited by Chris In Marshfield; 12-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Wow ! Y'all know your stuff ! It will take me a couple of try's to get his down, but I really do appreciate the help.
    Bob