Let me start by saying that I *have* looked at the options in AC43-13, and I am also aware of the MS clip-type turnbuckles.

I had an internal brace wire of my Fly Baby slack off a little bit, and needed to tighten it up. One end is right at an inspection plate, but the other end is inside the wing further. My hand barely fits in the inspection ring, and can (barely) reach the far end of the turnbuckle. When it's in there, of course, it completely blocks the view of the turnbuckle (though Dad said a good mechanic has eyes in his fingertips).

I've tightened it to where it needs to be, and am contemplating re-safetying it. Working at that far end, though, I feel like a proctologist trying to write his girlfriend's name inside someone's colon. I am NOT looking forward to trying to wrap the safety wire around that far end. I'm not even looking forward to trying to weasel off the end of the old safety wire that's still there.

So...I'm looking for alternative methods. The basic requirement, of course, is something that keeps the thing from rotating on its own. I'm wondering if someone has come up with a method that doesn't require so much action at the far end of the turnbuckle. Anybody have methods that seem to work?

The current turnbuckles seem to have ~0.032" brass safety wire. I'm kind of suspecting that might be easier to work with, though that doesn't meet the acceptable size for 1/8" cable per AC43-13 Table 7-8.

Ron Wanttaja