Thread: Corben Jr ace build.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Ron: I hope you are planning to go to this year's Concrete Vintage Fly-In. If so, would you mind letting me know which day? I would like very much to see a Fly Baby in person.

https://concrete-wa.com/fly-in/

Thanks
    Last edited by conodeuce; 06-18-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conodeuce View Post
    @Ron: I hope you are planning to go to this year's Concrete Vintage Fly-In. If so, would you mind letting me know which day? I would like very much to see a Fly Baby in person.
    Probably not Concrete, but I should be at the Arlington Fly-In a week prior. Probably on Saturday.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron, I'm sure I'll spot you at Arlington. You'll be the only non-RV there. :-) (Not to rag on RV's. If I have a second airplane in me, and any money left, I'd love to build a spiffy RV-4).
    Last edited by conodeuce; 06-18-2018 at 11:32 PM.

I'm liking the dialogue. I already have some fittings built for the drag wires. What are some other ways people are fabricating them? I like the stock setup as it requires no turnbuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tench745 View Post
    I'm liking the dialogue. I already have some fittings built for the drag wires. What are some other ways people are fabricating them? I like the stock setup as it requires no turnbuckles.
    Your airplane's approach is pretty common. On my airplane, drag-anti-drag rods connect to the ends of a simple bent metal piece:

http://zoemertech.com/753-compressio...ails_small.jpg

I'm actually working on those now.