Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showplane Parking

Brian, I did some reasearch at Airventure 2017. The Seaplane Base on Lake Winnebago has no land access for any trailer arrival. The water based seaplanes must fly in and land on the water and remain parked on a buoy in the middle of the harbor.

Instead, my choice I think would be to trailer to the Seaplane row off runway 36 threshold. Probably assemble the aircraft at Ultralights and push it to the Seaplane row or the Brown Arch Homebuilt area or leave it at Ultralights/Light Sport.
    Lots of options.

The aircraft kit is not completed yet, so not likely for 2018.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 12-05-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Pushing it around to the SP row is going to be hard. Even the tram road is unpaved at that point. If he really wants to do that, I'll see if we can't find a better way.

They have a golf cart at Ultralights if towing is allowed?

Apparently judging is allowed for trailered in aircraft if flown onsite once. From Judging Manual: Any aircraft that has won an award at AirVenture, will not be eligible for the same or alesser award in subsequent years. In any given year, all aircraft are eligible to be judgedin only one division; any aircraft that has been judged in any of the divisions is ineligibleto be judged in any other of the divisions. In order to be judged, the aircraft must beparked in the appropriate area. Any aircraft that has won an award in any division will insubsequent years be ineligible to be judged in any other division. In every category(unless otherwise excepted) in order to be eligible to be judged, the aircraft must eitherhave flown to the convention or be observed to fly during the convention. Scale Replicas(a replica that is less than full size) will be regarded as Homebuilt, with certain exceptionsas noted.

I stand corrected on the flying in part. The clear intent is that only flying airplanes are to be judged but there is more than one way to meet that criteria.

You might give give some more thought to trailering in to a nearby airport. Last year a friend trailered his self-launch glider to Fond du Lac, flew it to Oshkosh, then bummed a ride back to FdL to retrieve his car/ trailer. He can legitimately claim to have flown it to Oshkosh, and surely that is worth something.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Yeah, that might work. There must be a bus back to Fond du Lac.
    Was that glider the twin jet engine HP-18? His forum was cool.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 12-05-2017 at 08:30 PM.

That's the one.

There are shuttles running to FdL. Or catch up to me and I'll run you back there on the Breezy. That'll make your amphibian seem like a speed demon!
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Wow! That's a deal.
    I was thinking of making it open cockpit.... so your Breezy might be faster.