Thread: Bought a New Old RV (Recreational Vehicle) for AirVenture 2018

Bought a New Old RV (Recreational Vehicle) for AirVenture 2018

We can't wait. This is going to be fun. No more #$% tents! We bought a 31 ft, 2005 Coachmen Santara. So far, everything works! We are now remodeling the interior. Check out our progress: (There's a video too)

https://thisnewoldrv.com/blog.asp?ID=2152

Nice rig- a lot more interior space than my AV motel room - lol

but how does it do on the fisk arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by cdlwingnut View Post
    but how does it do on the fisk arrival?
    The J3 Cubs are stacking up behind this RV.

Now that's what I'm talking about !!! We still haven't figured out if 3 of us are flying in or just 2 of us are driving. If we drive, I think we're going to have a pop up this time and THAT will be a step up for us !!! If 3 of us fly in, it will have to be the dorms.
    Bob

When we've camped at OSH before, a lot of people have generators going all night, which makes it hard to sleep. (Thank goodness for ear-plugs!) Between now and AirVenture, I'm going to try and install a solar power system to keep the batteries charged and not run the generator.

https://www.thisnewoldrv.com/favorite-videos.asp?ID=295

Quote Originally Posted by FunInAviation View Post
    When we've camped at OSH before, a lot of people have generators going all night, which makes it hard to sleep. (Thank goodness for ear-plugs!) Between now and AirVenture, I'm going to try and install a solar power system to keep the batteries charged and not run the generator.

https://www.thisnewoldrv.com/favorite-videos.asp?ID=295
    Not allowed, unless your in the 24 hour gen area.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

We call that a slightly used RV. A friend purchased a generator for his camper this year. It sits on the ground outside not a slide in unit. The thing is so quiet if you walk more then 20' from it you do not hear it running. Well, my old ears don't hear it running.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    We call that a slightly used RV. A friend purchased a generator for his camper this year. It sits on the ground outside not a slide in unit. The thing is so quiet if you walk more then 20' from it you do not hear it running. Well, my old ears don't hear it running.
    If we pull a pop up this year my friend has a Honda generator that is so quite you barley notice it and I doubt it will get much use anyway. My H/F generator on the other hand will wake the dead !! Honda it is !
    Bob