Hi there!

I'm knocking the door here to see if someone can help me a bit. I'm helping to modify some regulations regarding maintenance for LSA in my country, working with the local aviation authorities, and we are trying to follow FAA regulations as much as we can. My intent is to help to make the regulations safer, but at the same time open enough so it is accessible for almost anyone and avoids LSA extinction. I know this may sound weird or even funny, but in my country there are less than 100 LSA operating, and no EAA or such... We have made good progress defining experimentals, E-LSA and S-LSA categories basically as they are defined by the FAA, but I'm having issues finding some information:

1) If you decide to build a E-LSA kit or experimental, do you need any previous training/experience? If so, where you get that training and what it includes?

2) Do you need any authorization from the FAA to start your project? how often do they inspect progress and who does it? (which is the experience of the inspector?)

3) For your LSRI and your LSRM ratings, do you only need to take the trainings, or do you also need to show previous experience in aviation?

I have been digging through the FAA FAR's but I haven't found this info so far... If anyone can point me in the right direction I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for all your help, these forums are great!!

Best regards,

Chacalextreme.