Thread: Fly Baby for Sale - Missouri

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fly Baby for Sale - Missouri

One of our Fly Baby crowd has his plane for sale. With electric start, no less!

Fly Baby N4268 for Sale 75 hp, Electric Start! $6,900. Engine: 75 hp Continental C-75-12. Electric start. Compression 73/74/74/72. New stainless steel exhaust and new carb heat shroud 2016. Time 357 hrs SMOH.

Airframe: Built 1974. Fabric recovered in 1996 and hangared since then. Currently in fully enclosed hangar at Sullivan, MO KUUV.

Grove hydraulic brakes, Matco tail wheel. Goodyear premium 800-4 4 ply rib tires 2016.

No electrical system, starts from rechargeable battery. Safety improvements include 1/4-inch carry-through bolts for the wing cables, reinforced bulkheads that carry the wing bolts, other improvements. TT 357 tach-hrs.

Propeller: Sensenich 72x42, wooden with metal leading edge. Lightly sanded, varnished, balanced by Culver Props 2015.

Instruments etc: oil temp, oil pressure, air speed, altimeter, tach, compass, ball slip indicator, carb heat, primer, and vernier mixture control. Logs: Complete engine and airframe logs.

Condition inspections: N4268 has a current condition inspection. All condition inspections since 2010 have been done by a well-respected St. Louis A/P who has owned, flown, and repaired Fly Babies as well as other wood and fabric and vintage aircraft.

Damage history: Two hard landings with damage and repairs documented in the logs. 250 tach-hr of flying since most recent damage repair. Some upgrades and minor repairs are more recent.

Reliable aircraft: Engine starts promptly, runs smoothly. N4268 has crossed the United States “vertically” from Pembina, ND to Galvestion, TX; and half way across the United States “horizontally” from First Flight NC to Ponca City, OK.

Contact owner: John H. Tiner tinerj (at) tinerj.com
    --------------------------
    Ron Wanttaja

2 weeks too late for me, just mailed my check for my kit or I would have been on my way to check it out......
    Dang it!
    Rick

is it advertised anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    is it advertised anywhere?
    Not sure what-all he's doing to sell it. Might have just listed it to the Fly Baby folks, first.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron Is anyone in charge at the yahoogroup for Flybaby/?

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Ron Is anyone in charge at the yahoogroup for Flybaby/?
    I'm the owner and primary moderator. Drew Fidoe also is a moderator.

Ron Wanttaja