Thread: Solidworks download

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Solidworks download

Ahoy, Solidworks Forum-folks,

New to Solidworks, but not EAA # (8444) !!

Trying to download Solidworks, have s/n, but I'm not clever enough to figure out how to download it. There was supposed to be a link on the email -w- the s/n, but if there was, it is gone.

What now????????

Enjoy /s/ Bob

Aw-right, EAA Solidworks forum,

So: I have 271 views of my question, and NO response. I didn't think that I posed a problem which is that difficult Either it is, or else you 'lettered' folks don't want to aid an EAA member (#8444) who is too old and stupid to solve such a simple problem. (I don't have a twelve year old boy around to show me how).

Enjoy, and perhaps 'thanks' /s/ Bob

I had it working for a few months, now it's not and no luck getting it to run again. You have no idea how much I wish I could help you out.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

I got a reminder notice a few days ago. I followed the instructions and it went very smoothly. The one thing they ask you to do is to use their special uninstall program -- that's not something I've ever had to do with previous versions (of the commercial product). Maybe the fact that I don't really use the EAA version and don't have a project half done using that software insured my success.

rhbelter,

If you've lost the email with your link, you'll probably have to visit the EAA Solidworks Download page and re-enter your name and user info:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-membe...-software-form

Once you do that you should get an email from EAA with the school information and a link to the Solidworks site. After you fill out all the school info per the EAA mail, click the "request download" button and you should be on your way!.

Regards,
    kmonroe
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kmonroe023; 11-18-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Ahoy ,kmonroe,
    Thanks for your response. I do the entry of fname, lname, email, EAA#, but no email back to me. I saw that there are sometimes issues with 'blockage'. Must be that, and I have not yet resolved such. Enjoy /s/ Bob

Sorry for delay. I looked up your account and it looks like you have Comcast, which can block Marketo (our email platform) and will also block DS SolidWorks, when you download the software and request and activation key. Consider using Gmail and checking your spam folders. I emailed you the EAA email.

Cory, did you get my 11/27 email?

I opened a support case with SW on 11/5. The automated response I got from them on 11/11 said, "One of our Technical Support Engineers will respond to this request as soon as possible." Radio silence since then.

I recently had to re-install Windows 10 on a new drive after my old one failed. I'd like to give this another shot, but need to know whether I should download the 2016-2017 version, or 2017-2018.

Thanks...
    Dale
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.