Thread: Weldment Not Available

Weldment Not Available

Under the weldments tab I'm not able to make lines structural elements, everything is just grayed out.

The program was just downloaded yesterday so I doubt a have corrupted files. Any ideas?

Please confirm that you have a part open when it's grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    Please confirm that you have a part open when it's grayed out.
    It happens when I open a new part file. If all I do is make a single line shouldn't I be able to make it a structural part?

I have always selected lines from a closed sketch, not sure what would happen if the sketch was still open for edit.

I just confirmed the sketch needs to be closed, otherwise the weldment stuff is grayed out.
    Last edited by cwilliamrose; 09-22-2017 at 05:39 PM.

William, I'll see if that works. Thanks!

I use weldments quite often.

I started my fuselage drawing with a 3D sketch. I then insert structural elements.

You will find that you have to build files for all the structural elements you want to use. When you are ready for that step post a note and I or someone will explain how to do that. It is fairly simple but will take some hunting for the directories where every thing is located.

Quote Originally Posted by lathropdad View Post
    I use weldments quite often.

I started my fuselage drawing with a 3D sketch. I then insert structural elements.

You will find that you have to build files for all the structural elements you want to use. When you are ready for that step post a note and I or someone will explain how to do that. It is fairly simple but will take some hunting for the directories where every thing is located.

Thank you. I'll keep this bookmarked and when I get there if I need some more help (sure I will) I'll post here again.