Thread: Hmm what next?

Hmm what next?

We picked this little gem up recently. It has the Lyc AEIO-360-B2F on the nose... wondering what you good folks can tell me about it as a power plant, also it's oddball magnesium cased magnetos (10-349365-3. Ch f)?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The mags are Bendix S-1200 series usually found in high altitude turboed 540's but in 4-cyl form. With the towers so far apart, internal arcing is almost non-existent. Bigger coil than the more common 20 series, too. Great mags, just hard to fit in most small planes due to their length.

The engine is an aerobatic, fuel injected 360 (obviously). What did you want to know?

Well thank you. I have a reasonable quote for o/h on the mags... the a&p was barking up the wrong tree when he called his usual service center... I called my regular shop and got accurate info.
    The 360. Tell me about your experience with the Christian invert system and all of the water accumulation. Mine doesn't have a spin on oil filter either so I need to add one somehow...

Water accumulation? Who suggested that?

I have seen a couple of the tanks corrode but only because the owner did not fly inverted enough.

If that is a CAP-10, check that the AD on the wings has been taken care of.

Best of luck,

Wes

The wing ad was done by Mike Russell, the guru so we're good. The actual operation manual mentions the water accumulation in the lower hoses, and that they need consistant draining. I'll post the actual wording tomorrow.