Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This months Sport Aviation Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    While I do look forward to every magazine. This months magazine shocked me when I read the very first paragraph. The first time I heard this "it takes a village to raise a child " this phrase turned my stomach. For it takes a family with a Father and Mother to raise a child.
    Don't ask us to not talk politics on this forum then quote a politician. Why not quote this politician.....Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country..If you ask me this is more in line with the mission statement of the EAA then it takes a village crap.

When I read that first paragraph it offended me as a father and grandfather.

H.A.S.
    You might want to research the origination of that saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Great article on the YL-15. My dad used to fly that same airplane for the FWS in Alaska back in the 50's.
    I think Jerry Lawhorn with FWS owned a YL-15 with big tires.

In regards to the YL-15 being able to hold altitude with the nose both +25 degrees above the horizon and below anyone have any ideas on how it was able to do so? Being able to reflex the full length flaps no doubt helped. And 25 degrees nose up, hanging on the prop doesn't seem at all improbable, but what about 25 degrees nose down? Wouldn't that put the wings at a severe negative AOA regardless of the flap setting? And remember, the engine had 7 degrees of down thrust, so it's pulling even further downward.

I liked the column featuring John Crisp's Fokker DR1 representation.

Frank "we need more of them all the time" Giger.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.