Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Improvements?

It used to be that if you saw there were new posts in a form (like Hangar Talk), if you opened the forum then closed it, all the unread threads would be marked read. Now, one has to open each topic that has new content, and you even have to open all pages if multiple pages in order to get the thread marked read.

Maybe it's just a setting I need to change to get back to that feature, but I haven't bothered to look, so it's obviously not that of a big deal.

Still, when I open Homebuilders Corner and I see another few hundred pages of "building a WWI replica", I really just want to hit the back button and know that it's all been marked read. Not dissing those posts. They obviously have great content, but it's just not for me, so I don't want to have to wade thru it.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    It used to be that if you saw there were new posts in a form (like Hangar Talk), if you opened the forum then closed it, all the unread threads would be marked read. Now, one has to open each topic that has new content, and you even have to open all pages if multiple pages in order to get the thread marked read.

Maybe it's just a setting I need to change to get back to that feature, but I haven't bothered to look, so it's obviously not that of a big deal.

Still, when I open Homebuilders Corner and I see another few hundred pages of "building a WWI replica", I really just want to hit the back button and know that it's all been marked read. Not dissing those posts. They obviously have great content, but it's just not for me, so I don't want to have to wade thru it.
    I know it's not exactly what you want, but if you click the "Forum Actions" link on the bar under the tabs, you can select "Mark Forums Read." Read what you want of all the available messages, and hit the "Mark Forums Read" link when you're done. Next visit, only genuinely new posts will appear if you hit the "New Posts" link.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Well, it must not be me, then. :-)

Sorry, Dale, I was using that as an example of the expansion of an Ignore capability. AFAIK, there isn't an Ignore Thread capability on EAA's pages.

Ron "Sowing confusion in his wake" Wanttaja
    What -- did you say something? Anyone hear that?

Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Emoticons! Need better emoticons!!!!
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Like button. When you care just enough to acknowledge the post but not comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Ability to attach photos.
    (Who is Dale B's one person?)

Quote Originally Posted by Anymouse View Post
    Emoticons! Need better emoticons!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
    Like button. When you care just enough to acknowledge the post but not comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    (Who is Dale B's one person?)
    Not you.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

well, folks dont seem to be much interested in this topic. I dont see anything about any subjects or topics that would be of interest and havent heard anything from the people who set up the forum. Maybe it's not prime flying season, or writing about it. I thnk the site could be more.

This forum does pretty much what every other forum does. An OP starts a discussion and we discuss it.

What are you thinking it should do that is different from what we're currently experiencing? Are you looking for features or content?
    Last edited by Chris In Marshfield; 11-02-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    well, folks dont seem to be much interested in this topic. I dont see anything about any subjects or topics that would be of interest and havent heard anything from the people who set up the forum. Maybe it's not prime flying season, or writing about it. I thnk the site could be more.
    Eighteen posts in a day and a half; it's not Hitler-Hello-Kitty active, but not bad.

I'm sorry you're not getting the specific types of suggestions you wanted. Next time, be more specific. Your first post was pretty generic.

Ron Wanttaja